10 things every woman in her 20’s should remember
1) Sh!t Happens. No, like really. Stuff happens all the time. So what that your bestie had to cancel on your dinner plans last minute because she was still wiped from going out the night before. She doesn’t hate you, and she’s not trading you like a pokemon card. Maybe she’s just genuinely tired? (Granted – she’s not always a flake. If thats the case, time to revaluate.)
2) Saturday night out? Step away from Seamless. That personal pizza pie topped with chicken and the laughter of a child sounds like a great idea at 4 A.M. You log onto Seamless, wait patiently for your order to arrive (i.e you pace your apartment and/or pass out from your drunken hot mess of a human being), then viciously rip through your food like you just arrived from living at sea for 6 years. What happens next? You pass out (again?) in your bed with the pizza box still on your lap and wake up Sunday morning filled with regret. And there isn’t a Plan B pill for food regrets, folks. Its just not a good idea. Plus, then you feel obligated to eat super healthy for next few days that follow, and that just sucks.
3) Men are a lot easier to read than you think. If the only time he texts you is at 2 A.M to see “what u up to”, you’re the booty call that he met on Tinder a few times that isn’t quite worthy enough to hang out with during normal hang-out hours. If he shows a bit more interest in anything outside of your lady parts, he’s a potential, and you should stop answering the 2 A.M guy. Simple.
4) Paying your bills is a lot more satisfying than going out every night. Groundbreaking, right? Who would of thought that having a roof over your head, food to eat, and eventually paying off those pesky student loans would actually get you further than ‘turning down for what’ every night? Priorities people, priorities.
5) But don’t forget to still have fun. You’re in your 20’s. Its your time to make mistakes and wake up in random peoples apartments. (As long as you’re being safe of course!) Just make sure that after you do this, you still have enough cash left in your pocket to, you know, pay your rent.
6) Ice Cream solves most problems. And if it doesn’t, pizza is only a phone call away. (see #2, minus 4 A.M) ((or make your own!))
7) As much as it can suck, exercise is actually a great instant-ego booster. It really doesn’t have to suck, though. We have it in our minds that its a chore, and like really, who wants to sweat? But – there is no better feeling than finishing up a rep of crunches and squats and looking at yourself in the mirror like the bad@ss b!tch that you are. Who cares if Johnny hasn’t texted you back? Now you have abs.
8) You need insurance. On everything. Period. (this goes for men, too!)
9) You are worthy. You are worthy to love, be loved, and do all that awesome sh!t you want to experience in your life. Nobody, especially a man, should ever put up a wall of doubt in any aspect of your life.
10) Don’t ever check your social media accounts if: You’re drunk, you’re sad, you’re drunk and sad. Or anytime after 10pm, really.